Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ending the Itadaki Street Portable English Patch

As the title states. I'm doing just that. I am ending my work on the Itadaki Street Portable Patch. PreRelease 3 is the last release. It has come to my attention that by continuing work on the patch, I may be putting myself in danger of Square-Enix's legal team. However, I fully agree to their efforts to protect their copyrights, so I am choosing to end the project of my own free will. I will no longer distribute the patch on either this blog or my youtube account. I don't think there's anything I can do about the Romhacking.net entry, though. I do not know if I will finish the documentation of the Board format, but I'd rather not take any chances.

The patch completed its goal long ago, so I do not regret doing this. I don't believe I did anything wrong, but Square Enix has the right to do what they want with their properties. In addition, I would rather leave the dialogue unchanged as it may even convince pirates to purchase any future official release. Either way, good day and good luck getting the dominance trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment